About Mithun Neral, MD
Dr. Neral is a board-certified, fellowship-trained Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Surgeon who specializes in the full spectrum of care for the shoulder, hip, and knee. “My goal is to create an individual plan for each patient utilizing the most conservative treatments available. I will provide you with a clear understanding of your condition so we can work together to get you back to your active lifestyle.”
Dr. Neral earned his B.S.E in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Michigan. He attended medical school at the University of Pittsburgh and went on to complete the rigorous orthopedic surgery residency at Case Western Reserve University where he was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honors Society. He was then selected for the prestigious University of Michigan Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery Fellowship where he had the privilege to serve as a team physician for the University of Michigan football and hockey teams as well as care for NCAA, NFL, and NHL athletes.
Dr. Neral specializes in the treatment of all shoulder, hip, and knee conditions. He utilizes the most cutting-edge technologies for an easier recovery and the best outcome for his patients. Dr. Neral is known for his care of complex shoulder conditions including rotator cuff tear, shoulder impingement, labral tear, and shoulder arthritis. He performs minimally-invasive hip arthroscopy for treatment of labral tears and hip impingement. Dr. Neral specializes in custom, patient-specific total joint replacement for the shoulder, hip, and knee including the reverse total shoulder replacement. His practice also treats all sports injuries including ACL and meniscus tears.
Dr. Neral has authored numerous research publications and textbook chapters to advance the field of orthopedics and continues to innovate to bring the best care to his patients. He brings his experience treating high-level athletes to care for patients of all ages.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic, Minimally-Invasive Surgery
- Custom Total Joint Replacement
- Adolescent to Senior Adult
- Shoulder: Rotator Cuff, Labral Tear, Shoulder Dislocation, Arthritis, Shoulder Replacement
- Hip: Hip Arthroscopy, Labral Tear, Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI), Arthritis, Hip Replacement
- Knee: ACL, Meniscus, Cartilage Injuries, Arthritis, Knee Replacement
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- In his free time Dr. Neral enjoys outdoor activities with his wife and children especially hiking, fishing, and snow sports.